ABOUT WEST VANCOUVER UNITED CHURCH (WVUC)
West Vancouver United Church (WVUC) has maintained a faithful presence in the community of West Vancouver for over 100 years. We are firmly rooted in our Christian identity which shapes all that we do out of a deep love for God, one another and our neighbours, near and far. Our ministry extends to young and old through worship, care, fellowship and service. We have a strong history of reaching out to support many causes and initiatives. We are a passionate and committed group of people who enjoy the fellowship of working together for the sake of others. We provide opportunities for people to make meaningful contributions, both within our church and in the broader community.
Mission: rooted in love of God and neighbour and guided by the Holy Spirit, we are called to help make disciples for Jesus, who will bless and mend God’s broken and beloved world.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of West Vancouver United Church (WVUC), the IT & AV Tech Administrator will provide leadership and be responsible for the reliability, operations, and forward planning of WVUC’s IT and technical infrastructure, including the live streaming capabilities and website and social media channels - a key role in connecting WVUC to its vibrant community.
IT OPERATIONS AND PLANNING (20%)
Assists with maintenance of financial records for the church, including:
● Responsible for WVUC Information Technology operations - reliability & uptime for WVUC network, staff hardware and productivity software.
● Responsible for developing and administering yearly WVUC IT & AV Technical operating plan and budget - including maintenance, upgrades, and investigating new technologies to support WVUC.
WVUC LIVE STREAMING & DIGITAL PRESENCE TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATION (50%)
● Manages Sunday Production & Streaming technical operations, including video, audio and streaming, and sets and maintains an ongoing level of quality control over the technical infrastructure and operations to reach our community and beyond.
● Responsible for the logistics and maintenance of the Production equipment and software.
● Responsible for the technical operations and reliability of WVUC digital presence.
● Responsible for website, social media and video hosting.
VOLUNTEER TEAM MANAGEMENT (30%)
● Leads and manages A/V tech volunteer team - recruits, trains, schedules and supervises volunteers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and Experience
● Secondary School (preferred).
● IT support: 1 year (preferred)
● Knowledge and capabilities with current Information Technology (network, web hosting, hardware, and software) including setup, troubleshooting, maintenance and planning, to support the WVUC mission and team.
● Expertise with audio and video production equipment and software, including streaming software, cameras, and mics.
● Digital capabilities, such as live streaming and delivering content to our community using various media platforms.
● Proficient with Office and Google productivity software.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build and nurture internal and external business relationships.
● Able to build strong and respectful working relationships with peers.
● Has strong project management skills. Is able to organize, administrate, see projects to completion, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
● Proven ability to identify, recruit, develop, and oversee volunteer team members. Has passion and skill for leading people.
● Has the ability to plan and strategize to achieve a vision aligned with WVUC’s Mission.
● Takes initiative and drives to deliver.
The IT & AV Tech Administrator is a permanent part-time position of 10 hours per week.
References will be required.
Please apply in writing: include your resume and why you are interested in this position. A criminal record check and proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for the successful applicant.