ABOUT WEST VANCOUVER UNITED CHURCH (WVUC)
West Vancouver United Church (WVUC) has maintained a faithful presence in the community of West Vancouver for over 100 years. We are firmly rooted in our Christian identity which shapes all that we do out of a deep love for God, one another and our neighbours, near and far. Our ministry extends to young and old through worship, care, fellowship and service. We have a strong history of reaching out to support many causes and initiatives. We are a passionate and committed group of people who enjoy the fellowship of working together for the sake of others. We provide opportunities for people to make meaningful contributions, both within our church and in the broader community.
Mission: rooted in love of God and neighbour and guided by the Holy Spirit, we are called to help make disciples for Jesus, who will bless and mend God’s broken and beloved world.
The Nursery Leader is a part of the ministry team at WVUC, reporting to the Lead Minister. The Nursery Leader desires to create a safe and welcoming environment for children aged 0 to 4, embodying a disposition of trust and care with their families. Responsibilities include:
● The Nursery Leader is a part of the ministry team at WVUC, reporting to the Lead Minister. The Nursery Leader desires to create a safe and welcoming environment for children ages 4 and under, embodying a disposition of trust and care with their families.
● Occasionally working with teens who want to help in the nursery.
● Identifying and communicating with the Lead Minister about new families.
● Using the check in and check out system.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Awareness and compassion for the pressures that families of young children are facing.
● Ability to relate to children and diverse definitions of family.
● Ability to create a safe space where young children can develop a sense of belonging.
● Ability to work well with occasional volunteers.
● Must clear a Police Record Check, be able to provide adequate references, and proof of vaccination given the various vulnerable demographics of our church community.
The Nursery Leader position is a permanent part-time position of 2 hours per week on Sunday mornings. Must be available on Sunday mornings - breakdown of hours:
● 9:30am: preparation and welcoming families at drop off.
● 10:00am to 11:15am: caring for children in the nursery.
● 11:15am to 11:30am: child check out and tidying up of nursery space.
Currently 2 to 4 children in program, with expectations of future growth. References will be required.
Please apply in writing: include your resume and why you are interested in this position. A criminal record check will be required for the successful applicant.